International Journal of Web Applications: A Bibliometric Study

Dr R Senthilkumar, G Ulaganathan

Abstract


This article presents a bibliometric analysis of the journal “International Journal of Web Applications” for the period between 2009 to 2013. The analysis cover mainly the number of articles, authorship pattern, geographical distribution of articles, average number of references per articles, forms of documents cited, year wise distribution of cited journals etc. All the studies point towards the merits and weakness of the journal which will be helpful for its further development. Study reveals that most of the contributions are from Foreign with 92.77% and the rest 7.23% only from the Indian sources.


Keywords


Bibliometrics, Bibliography, Citation analysis, Authorship pattern, Geographical distribution.

Full Text:

PDF

References


Hulme EW. Statistical bibliography in relation to the growth of modern civilization. Grafton, London, 1923.

Gross PLK, Gross FM. College libraries and chemical education. Science 1927; 66: 386-89.

Pritchard A. Statistical bibliography or bibliometrics. Journal of Documentation 1969; 25(4): 348.

Sengupta IN. Bibliometrics, Informetrics, Scientometrics and Libraries: An overview. Libri: International Library Review 1985; 42(2): 75-98.

Hood, Wilson CS. Annual Review of Information Science and Technology 2001; 34: 3–143.

British Standards Institution. British standards of documentation terms. BSI; London, 1976: 7.


Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.